What to consider when selecting a caster
- Select the proper mount type and height to ensure a secure assembly.
- Do you require swivels, rigids, or brake options?
- Will the application be powered or hand-pushed?
- What type of environment will the wheels or casters operate in?
- What wheel diameter will give the necessary mobility?
- What wheel type is needed to protect the floor?
- What will be the average to maximum load weight? A good
starting point is to sum up the total load on the cart with
the weight of the cart itself, and then divide by the
number of casters to be used.
- What type of bearing to control the load?
- Is it a wash down application?
- Shock Load – Is load placed or dropped on cart?